FINDING JULES

This is to chronicle a journey that I began in September 2005. A weight loss journey is what it started out as, but I am coming to find it is more than that it is about being almost 40 and still needing to find out who I am, what I stand for, what my purpose is and what brings me joy! And I am hoping as I peel off the layers of fat, I can find the person I am meant to be and be happy!

Saturday, August 19, 2006

THE JOURNEY BEGINNINGS

I have been in a constant struggle with my weight for as long as I can remember!! When I was a child my mother belonged to a weight loss group and I always swore I would never be over weight like her friends. Never say never. Three children later, and too much cheese cake and here I am at an all time high weight. So finally in 2005, I decided to do something about it and asked one of my friends if she wanted to start working out. Since we both have children that we have to get off to school, we decided on a 5 a.m. work out time. Now if you know me, this would have been the first red flag. Never in my life have I been an early riser!!! Everyone close to me I am sure was thinking "I give it a week", but almost a year later my friend Laurie (the greatest workout partner ever) and I are still at it. We believe in the motto "move it or loose it"! We have set a goal for ourselves to run a marathon, the Disney World Marathon in 2008. We will be walking the 1/2 marathon in Seattle in 2006. Needless to say a few pounds, unfortunately not a few, 100lbs need to be shed as I race toward this goal. This blog, I hope will be theraputic and help me reach this goal while sharing my journey with others. My workout partner, first came up with the idea and set up a awesome blog. So I am following suit, and look forward to what the future will bring!!! The Race is On!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Laurie said...

Hey Jules,
Best wishes for your journey to self-discovery. It'll be quite a ride! I know you're headed to a great place.
-Laurie

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home