FINDING JULES

This is to chronicle a journey that I began in September 2005. A weight loss journey is what it started out as, but I am coming to find it is more than that it is about being almost 40 and still needing to find out who I am, what I stand for, what my purpose is and what brings me joy! And I am hoping as I peel off the layers of fat, I can find the person I am meant to be and be happy!

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Fear

Over the past several months I have been trying to figure out what makes me overweight. Why I am this way? Why can't I fix it? It sucks to spend your life feeling you are broken in some way, or unfixable. I know this is not the case, but how does one change that thought process. I know God never gives you more than you can handle, and that I need to turn it over to him. He has blessed me with a body that is capable, a friend that is in the journey with me, and his grace. I need to let go of the fear I have of what I can become if I embrace all the gifts I have been given and run with it. But why is it so hard for some of us to do that??? Today when I got up I truely have made the committment to myself and God I will not let fear run my life, I can do whatever I put my mind to, and I need to open my heart to the plan God has for me and let him guide me!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home