FINDING JULES

This is to chronicle a journey that I began in September 2005. A weight loss journey is what it started out as, but I am coming to find it is more than that it is about being almost 40 and still needing to find out who I am, what I stand for, what my purpose is and what brings me joy! And I am hoping as I peel off the layers of fat, I can find the person I am meant to be and be happy!

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Progress

Today we had to walk a six mile walk in our training plan for our half marathon. I have to admit I was not looking forward to it. Not the walking part but the time committment part. I have to admit that I am not fast, but working on the speed aspect. So a 15 to 20 minute mile is good. So that means that six miles would take about 2 hours. Of course we work out early in the morning so on Saturday at 6a.m. the thought of walking for two hours was not appealing, and when that alarm went off all I could think was uggh! I know that I want to achieve my goal but some days are harder than others. But as Laurie and I walked today, seeing the day come alive it reminded me to be thankful that I CAN! That my body can get up at 6a.m. That I CAN walk six miles without any major discomfort. That I CAN and will be able to achieve my goal of a half marathon. Just like the wonderful childrens's story about the train I just need to keep that positive thought. I KNOW I CAN! I KNOW I CAN! AND I AM, AND IT FEELS WONDERFUL!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home