FINDING JULES

This is to chronicle a journey that I began in September 2005. A weight loss journey is what it started out as, but I am coming to find it is more than that it is about being almost 40 and still needing to find out who I am, what I stand for, what my purpose is and what brings me joy! And I am hoping as I peel off the layers of fat, I can find the person I am meant to be and be happy!

Saturday, December 30, 2006

SUNRISE


Workout - 40 minutes eliptical
Motivation level- average

Today we went to the gym again for our eliptical workout. My body was more tired today. I had been up and down all night because of sick children. I must admit that when the alarm went off, I was tempted to call Laurie and cancel, but the word DISCIPLINE popped into my mind. I need to be disciplined that means keeping my scheduled workouts with my faithful partner if at all possible. So I got up and we headed out. I was half way through my workout, feeling sluggish, and I felt a sudden warmth. Out the window I could see the sun rising over the mountains. It was amazing. The first thing that came to my mind was that God was telling me, "I have given you the strength and ability to achieve this, you must just embrace it, you CAN run the race and find your path, I am showing you the way." I felt a increase in energy and a happiness in being at the gym come over me.

It is wonderful when God gives you that little boost that you need!!!!

Laurie and I will be doing our first event for 2007. The Resolution run on
January 1. What a great way to start the New Year!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home