FINDING JULES

This is to chronicle a journey that I began in September 2005. A weight loss journey is what it started out as, but I am coming to find it is more than that it is about being almost 40 and still needing to find out who I am, what I stand for, what my purpose is and what brings me joy! And I am hoping as I peel off the layers of fat, I can find the person I am meant to be and be happy!

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Where is the dam golf cart??/

Saturday was a 9 mile training mark. It was a typically Northwest fall day, rain, rain, and more rain. We tried out our new rain gear, and thanfully it worked well! But when you spend 2 1/2 hours out in the rain you are going to get wet, and we did. But what a wonderful feeling to know that I can, and did walk 9 miles in the rain. I have to admit that without my faithful workout partner, Laurie I do not think I would have been up to the challenge. We did though meet the challenge and are ready for the next.

By the end of the walk though it was dark. We were on a dark trail and I was ready to be back at the car. There is a broken down golf course parked along the trail in someone's back yard. It is my marker that we have almost completed our walk. That we have made it. But this time it was dark. Hard to distinguish what is out there. Then I think I see it. I get excited, my pace quickens, and as we come upon it, it is a big trackor tire. "Where is that dam golf cart!!!" Was all I could say. I am tired, wet, and in the rain, I need to see that golf cart!! It is funny that I can put such value on such a thing as a broken down golf cart. That the thought of that broken down golf cart keeps me going!! So we round another bend and there it is in all it's glory my broken down golf cart. I must admit that golf carts will hold a special place in my heart from now on. A positive icon I guess you might say. But "It is all good" anything that brings positive energy is a good thing.

We have only three weeks till the 1/2 marathon. We have made it, and I am looking forward to crossing that finish line. I am sure there will not be a broken down golf cart there at the end, but I think the FINISH sign will do just fine;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home