FINDING JULES

This is to chronicle a journey that I began in September 2005. A weight loss journey is what it started out as, but I am coming to find it is more than that it is about being almost 40 and still needing to find out who I am, what I stand for, what my purpose is and what brings me joy! And I am hoping as I peel off the layers of fat, I can find the person I am meant to be and be happy!

Sunday, October 08, 2006

"QUOTES"


Was a rollercoaster week. Lots of of changes and revelations. I started out the week by joining weight watchers. I was actually glad to be back and saw a co-worker from way back when there. She looked awesome. She was half the size of when I had seen her last and that gave me hope. But when I got home my weight watchers journey did not start out as anticipated. I did not make it to the grocery store until Thursday, so needless to say the journey actually did not start until Thursday! I am on track now though, and realize to be successful at this point in my life, points almost have to consume my every waking moment. How many points for this, how many points for that, am I in my point range. It puts things in to perspective and keeps me on track. So that is how the food issue is going. The exercise-was a great week. Did our workouts, even added the weights in on Friday, and did a 10 mile walk on Saturday. We made good time, but oh my legs were tired by the end, but I am looking forward to the 11 mile walk next weekend. I have not been able to write lately so am sharing quotes I am finding along my journey that touch or inspire me. Like the one that follows:

"Courage is being scared to death--but saddling up anyway." -John Wayne

So, as a new week approaches,I am preparing to saddle up again and enjoy the ride!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home