FINDING JULES

This is to chronicle a journey that I began in September 2005. A weight loss journey is what it started out as, but I am coming to find it is more than that it is about being almost 40 and still needing to find out who I am, what I stand for, what my purpose is and what brings me joy! And I am hoping as I peel off the layers of fat, I can find the person I am meant to be and be happy!

Monday, September 11, 2006

Feel the Pain

Rose bright, or I should say dark and early for our 60 min walk today. Tried out my wonderfully new stylish reflective vest! My shoes were better today, so maybe it is just a breaking in period, but my muscles were not feeling to good today. My outer calf and thighs were feeling it today toward the end of our walk. We have done this walk, I don't know how many times,it should be getting easy. So why today was I having so much pain. It is days like this where you realize it will be never ending. You will always be striving to go faster, farther, longer, harder. There is no end! Is that a good thing or a bad thing?? I guess it depends on what day of the week you are on, at least for me. Today I had the thought of "is there an end to all of this?" in my mind, but thank goodness the thought was also there "you are doing this to be healthy, and to live life, a little discomfort is a small price to pay." So tomorrow is another day. I know that there are other factors, like food, that I need to focus on to make, the work out days better! So I will keep on keeping on and keep the faith!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jules, GREAT JOB- setting an EXCELLENT example for the family. Slow and STEADY wins the race. All you have to be responsible for is NOW...Listen to the God given gift of you Conscience. Keep looking UP- Someday you will be perfected...but for now, keep working at it moment by moment. you Are an encourager to us ALL.
J- from Camelot

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home