FINDING JULES

This is to chronicle a journey that I began in September 2005. A weight loss journey is what it started out as, but I am coming to find it is more than that it is about being almost 40 and still needing to find out who I am, what I stand for, what my purpose is and what brings me joy! And I am hoping as I peel off the layers of fat, I can find the person I am meant to be and be happy!

Sunday, September 03, 2006

THESE SHOES WERE MADE FOR WALKING

Well today we walked our 7 mile walk. It went much better than I anticipated. We walked a 12K in June but had not been training and it had been much harder, so it is great to know that our training is working and it is getting easier. My workout partner and I went to purchase new shoes today. We decided since we are in this for the long hall to do it right. We went to an awesome store called Fleet Feet. The ladies there were awesome. They measured our feet sitting and standing and then video you walking on the treadmill to see what kind of step you have, how your arch is effect, and all that. It was great. Tried on several pair of shoes and got a great pair of Saucony. I have never wore this brand before so am anxious to see how they perform. I also was excited to hear that they fit you for sport bras. Sounds funny but I am excited about being able to go back and fitted to get a great sports bra. We are really getting into all the great gear that is available. Where we live it rains a lot and we plan on continuing our work out all year round so we want to be comfortable, so that we do not get discouraged, but it is quite an investment, which I had not thought of. But I figure better to spend the money on this healthy hobby vs. fast food and unhealthy lifestyle. So pavement here I come sporting my new shoes, watch out I am ready to burn some rubber!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home