FINDING JULES

This is to chronicle a journey that I began in September 2005. A weight loss journey is what it started out as, but I am coming to find it is more than that it is about being almost 40 and still needing to find out who I am, what I stand for, what my purpose is and what brings me joy! And I am hoping as I peel off the layers of fat, I can find the person I am meant to be and be happy!

Friday, September 08, 2006

Life is Good

Well made it through another week. Still struggling with the eating. I am starting out slow. Keeping track of what I am eating and reading labels. I was at the store yesterday and saw the new ice cream that is advertised on tv - Soft Serve Cyclone ice cream - now I love ice cream and it is very hard for me to turn down, but I decided to check out the label. Oh my!! It had 28 grams of fat and 50 grams of sugar. Talk about wiping out every workout I did this week. Totally would not be worth it! And for me to think that about ice cream, I must be making some mind changes, which is exciting to me. It is easy to start exercising, but to change your mental attitude about food seems to be the major hurtle for me!! So I am feeling good that I am making progress and long as it keeps going forward and not backward, Life is Good!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

julie, Good for you that you made a choice to 1. read the label 2. to put the ice cream back. Keep on walking, and keep looking up!- J from camelot

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home