FINDING JULES

This is to chronicle a journey that I began in September 2005. A weight loss journey is what it started out as, but I am coming to find it is more than that it is about being almost 40 and still needing to find out who I am, what I stand for, what my purpose is and what brings me joy! And I am hoping as I peel off the layers of fat, I can find the person I am meant to be and be happy!

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

The Inner Voice

I have been struggling with food lately. I feel that food is my enemy, but I cannot live without it. I need to change that view and realize that food is not my enemy, it is what fuels my body, but that I need to make better choices. The right choices for my body. I need to learn to be at peace with my choices. I was listening to a book on CD by Joyce Meyer, "In Pursuit Of Peace". She wrote about how God has given us our conscience for a reason. That when you make a choice that makes you feel uneasy, UNHEALTHY, and causes you stress and anxiety it is your conscience telling you that you are not heading down the right path. Unfortunately, I seem to ignore my conscience most of the time. Like today, I took my son to Krispy Kreme for a donut. Now he loves to watch them making the donuts and it is fun for him, so I use that to justify taking him. My conscience is telling me, "No don't go, neither one of you need that donut.", but do I listen, NO!! And how did I feel after I ate not one but two donuts, ugh, miserable. I start beating myself up. Why did I go, why did I make that choice, but all along my conscience had been telling me the right answer, "You do not need to go to Krispy Kreme to have fun, neither of you need that donut." God was telling me what was right and I chose not to listen. My goal for this week is to truly listen to that inner voice and what it is telling me. To find that peace with in myself that will help conquer my addictive relationship with food, and be successful in taking care of the body God has blessed me with.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jules
Thanks for stopping by my site. You must try the Calorie King trial program so you can see how it works. I actually use one on my organizer and though it doesnt plan my meals - it does help me to keep track of what I eat, and the amount of calories consumed. I love it. http://www.calorieking.com/software/

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home