FINDING JULES

This is to chronicle a journey that I began in September 2005. A weight loss journey is what it started out as, but I am coming to find it is more than that it is about being almost 40 and still needing to find out who I am, what I stand for, what my purpose is and what brings me joy! And I am hoping as I peel off the layers of fat, I can find the person I am meant to be and be happy!

Saturday, September 23, 2006

CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE CHALLENGE


Today has been a great day! Started out the day with a 6 mile walk and had preplanned my menu wieght watchers style. So I have all my points calculated and can feel good about all my food choices today! But, and there always has to be a but, I did have a food challenge today. During our walk this morning Laurie informed me that for the event we are having at our church tomorrow we were in need of cookies and would I make some. So I volunteered to bring some chocolate chip cookies. As soon as the words had left my mouth to volunteer to bake cookies, the dread came over me. Here, on my first day of starting back following the weight watchers program, I have successful planned my food out for the day, and no where in that plan is there chocolate chip cookie dough!!!! Now I don't know about anyone else, but I love chocolate chip cookie dough, and the thought of making chocolate chip cookies without tasting the dough is almost sacrilegious!! So I decided to challenge myself and vowed to Laurie that I would not take one taste of the cookie dough or eat a cookie. I asked my kids if they would like to help me make the cookies and they gladly agreed. I told them about my challenge and they all laughed, knowing how much I love cookie dough. My six year old daughter, being a kind spirit, told me "Mom I won't let you eat the cookie dough, I will just tell you NO!" and I am happy to say I did not eat the cookie dough. I passed the Cookie Dough Challenge and it feels good

1 Comments:

Blogger Laurie said...

Hey Julie,
Way to go!!! I knew you could do it, and I'm proud of you!

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home