FINDING JULES

This is to chronicle a journey that I began in September 2005. A weight loss journey is what it started out as, but I am coming to find it is more than that it is about being almost 40 and still needing to find out who I am, what I stand for, what my purpose is and what brings me joy! And I am hoping as I peel off the layers of fat, I can find the person I am meant to be and be happy!

Friday, September 15, 2006

INSPIRED


The last couple of days I have not been feeling well. Think it is allergies, change in the season. Of course I felt it was okay to use this as a good excuse to not get my stuff done and not workout to my full potential. I did get up at 5 a.m. this morning and head to the gym with my workout partner Laurie, but when we got there I managed to slack. We did 10 minutes on the treadmill, and a couple of weight machines. Didn't even break a sweat. One of the nice trainers came by twice and each time, I was leaning on something, and he made a comment about it. I just responded "I was practicing my leaning today." Funny, NOT! I was slacking, but was feeling okay about it. So this morning after I got the kids off to school I checked out my workout partners blog to see how she felt about the morning, and as usual I was convicted. She had a link to this awesome video. Oh man, I just cried and cried, and thanked GOD for this reminder of the gifts he has given me, of the healthy children, and husband that I have. That I need to be here for them, to be the role model, the care giver, and in order to do this I need to take care of what GOD has given me. By being healthy, exercising and eating healthy! And just like the video the word for everyday is CAN!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home