FINDING JULES

This is to chronicle a journey that I began in September 2005. A weight loss journey is what it started out as, but I am coming to find it is more than that it is about being almost 40 and still needing to find out who I am, what I stand for, what my purpose is and what brings me joy! And I am hoping as I peel off the layers of fat, I can find the person I am meant to be and be happy!

Monday, October 09, 2006

TOP 10 REASONS FOR LOSING WEIGHT

WEIGH IN TODAY -3.8lbs-YEAH!!!!

Today at my weight watcher meeting we were asked to break out in to groups of 5 of 6 and list our top reasons for wanting to loose weight. But first my leader shared with us the following:

Top Ten Questions To Ask Yourself Before Ordering The Burger King Quad Stacker

10. "Are my papers in order?"

9. "Can I get it supersized?"

8. "Will I have time to run 298 miles to burn off the calories?"

7. "Could this have anything to do with why the rest of the world hates us?"

6. "Should I talk to my doctor about Lipitor?"

5. "Can I get it on a low-carb bun?"

4. "How come there isn't any sausage on this bad boy?"

3. "Why is Burger King making me sign a release form?"

2. "Should I wait til they come out with the 'Quint Stacker'?"

1. "Do I have my cardiologist on speed dial?"

I found this quite funny, but with a scary bit of reality to it. But on to my groups top 10 reasons they are as follows:

TOP TEN REASONS TO LOOSE WEIGHT
10. Health

9. New Wardrobe

8. Be good Role Model

7. Family

6. Self confidence

5. Positive feedback from others

4. to look and feel younger

3. Energy

2. To be able to fit in skinny jeans and shop in regular size section of store

1. To be able to do anything we want with out fear or physical limitation.

Number 1 was my contribution to this group. This exercise made me realize this is my motivation. I don't want to let my wieght stop me from trying the things I want to do. Like climbing a mountain, going on a rollercoaster, flying in a plane, lounging on the beach in a bathing suit, running with my children, running accross the finish line at my first Marathon!!!! Weight is my burden it is literally holding me down, stopping ME, and I cannot let it win!! I am in a battle. The battle for my ability to be all I can be. The battle to be physical able and to over come my fear! The war has just begun and I am going to WIN!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Tigerlilly said...

LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!!!

Loved the BK ?'s. Stay strong.. and dont forget.. on battle at a time will win the war!!

7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home