FINDING JULES

This is to chronicle a journey that I began in September 2005. A weight loss journey is what it started out as, but I am coming to find it is more than that it is about being almost 40 and still needing to find out who I am, what I stand for, what my purpose is and what brings me joy! And I am hoping as I peel off the layers of fat, I can find the person I am meant to be and be happy!

Saturday, January 13, 2007

EXPECTATIONS

I have started to see a counselor regarding my depression and food issues and at our last meeting she said something that has really hit home. Do not go into situations with expectations and you can not be disappointed. NOT have expectations, is that possible I thought, but than I reflected on it. If I go into a situation not expecting a certain outcome, I will not be disappointed, if I am not disappointed, then I will not be come sad, and in turn turn to my always present enemy FOOD to heal the disappointment.

I have tried to apply the no EXPECTATIONS therory this week, and you know it does seem to help. I think everyone has to have hope, but if you don't expect something particular, you can be happy or satisfied with whatever the out come maybe. What is meant to happens, happens.

I am still struggling over whether or not to join Weight Watchers again. I have joined so many times only to fail. I would love to say I could join with no expectations, but come on, who joins weight watchers without expecting to loose weight. So do I spend the money and possibly fail again, or do I continue to flounder until I find my way. Only tomorrow can tell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home