FINDING JULES

This is to chronicle a journey that I began in September 2005. A weight loss journey is what it started out as, but I am coming to find it is more than that it is about being almost 40 and still needing to find out who I am, what I stand for, what my purpose is and what brings me joy! And I am hoping as I peel off the layers of fat, I can find the person I am meant to be and be happy!

Saturday, January 13, 2007

WAKE UP CALL


This morning we got a call early in the morning. It was my mother-in-law. They live in the midwest. My father-in-law had a heart attack last night, and it does not look good. Out of his three main arteries in the heart 2 are a 100% blocked and 1 is 50% blocked. He has diabetes that he has not been managing so until they get that under control they cannot even consider doing surgery. He is also obese.

This is the scenario that has been scaring me. This is one of the main reasons I have started this journey to fitness and have not given up. I do not want my children to be in this situation. I do not want to be in this situation, and am hurting for my father-in-law.

My husband and I are following in the foot steps of our parents, living unhealthy lives feeling that mortality will not catch up with us. Who are we kidding.

I looked up the actual definition of mortality-"the state or condition of being subject to death; mortal character, nature, or existence." Being subject to death. I know this applies to all of us, but we do not have to help death out do we.

So another wake up call for me and my family, how many wake up calls do you think GOD gives. I think that I will answer this one!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your father-in-law. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home