FINDING JULES

This is to chronicle a journey that I began in September 2005. A weight loss journey is what it started out as, but I am coming to find it is more than that it is about being almost 40 and still needing to find out who I am, what I stand for, what my purpose is and what brings me joy! And I am hoping as I peel off the layers of fat, I can find the person I am meant to be and be happy!

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Care for myself


This week was a not so good week for me. I am still struggling with my weight loss program, or should I say new life style. I am not feeling well, and feeling down hearted. My workout partner is on top of her game, which I glad for, but envious of. We were to do a run this weekend, our first time actually trying to run the event, but things were working against me going and and I was not willing to fight against them, so she went and I ended up not going. This was hard for me. I do not want to be left behind in this journey, but it also woke me up to a very important fact. Here I am trying to loose weight, and make myself better, but who is taking care of me. Yeah I am exercising, and trying to eat better, but what about the rest of the package???? I don't get enough rest, I never take the time to pamper myself, do my nails, or just meditate. It is one thing to improve your outer person, but what good is that if your inner person is suffering from neglect. So today I got up and made a wonderful breakfast for my kids, and then advised them that mom was going to take a nice hot bath. Which I did!!!! I took time, shaved my legs. Do you know how wonderful it is to shave your legs in a leisurely fashion instead of as quick as you can in the shower??? Such a small thing but one that can make you feel so good!! I had went this week and bought me some new lotion and after shower spray, in my favorite scent vanilla/Brown sugar. I took the time to apply lotion to my feet, and body, painted my toes and fingernails, and felt great!! Why do I not take the time to do this more often? Doesn't Julie deserve it?? You are dam right she does!!!!!!! And I need that personal attention, so as of today I am going to stop neglecting my inner person, and make her relize I do love her and am going to care for her the way she should be!

1 Comments:

Blogger Laurie said...

Wow! Lookit you, all blogging regularly and stuff. I'm proud of you! I missed you at the race, but don't worry- you won't be left behind! You and I are in this together. I'm glad you're trying to take care of yourself if all areas of your life. You DO deserve it!!

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home