FINDING JULES

This is to chronicle a journey that I began in September 2005. A weight loss journey is what it started out as, but I am coming to find it is more than that it is about being almost 40 and still needing to find out who I am, what I stand for, what my purpose is and what brings me joy! And I am hoping as I peel off the layers of fat, I can find the person I am meant to be and be happy!

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

ITS A START


Well today was better. I got up at our 5a.m. workout time and was ready to go. I am feeling like crap, we have a nasty cold going on at my house, both my daughter and husband are home sick, and I am starting to get it as well. But when the alarm went off this morning, I told myself that no matter I had to make myself get up and go to the gym. So I slowly drug my not so happy body out of bed, put on my workout cloths and waited for my ride. My ride did not come. Now this is unlike my workout partner. She is the diligent one of our duo, so I rang her up, and guess what, she was sick as well, so I wished her well, told her to go back to sleep and get rest and we will try again tomorrow. I think God was helping me out this morning, because my acking body and sore throat were more than happy to climb back in to bed, with the vision of feeling better tomorrow, and trying again. But I am counting this as a positive a step back in the right direction!!!!

Regarding food, I have not made it to Weight Watchers to sign up because of sick kids, but am trying this week to be aware of my calorie intake. Yesterday was kind of hectic with sick kids and a girl scout meeting to plan for, so needless to say I skipped lunch and dinner and just kind of snacked all day. When I got home last night from girl scouts, got everyone into bed, I sat down to watch my favorite television program, Hereos, I pulled out a bag of trail mix I had purchased. Now when you hear the words trail mix you think healthy, not this trail mix. I picked my favorite flavors, bannana and chocolate, it was called Chocolate Monkey. Now when I dove in the bag I just planned on eating a couple handfuls, but by the time my show was over I had eaten the whole bag, and this was at nine at night. Needless to say not the peak time for my metabolism. Once I relized this I turned over the bag to check out the calories, OUCH, it had 170 calories per serving and 11 servings per bag. That is 1870 calories, my daily alotment in one bag. Oh this made me sick, no wonder all my working out is not working. No wonder the pounds are not coming off. A major eye opener. I cannot do this any more. Needless to say I will not be purchasing this trail mix again until I have myself undercontrol, and I will look at the calories before I starting eating next time.

1 Comments:

Blogger WeightWatchnWoman said...

The Chocolate Monkey would have did it for me as well. It is hard to buy my favorite snacks and think I will have self control...no way JOSE!!! I stay away from them all together.

I am happy that you did get up to go workout. That is a huge step in the right direction.

I hope you all are feeling better soon!!!

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home