FINDING JULES

This is to chronicle a journey that I began in September 2005. A weight loss journey is what it started out as, but I am coming to find it is more than that it is about being almost 40 and still needing to find out who I am, what I stand for, what my purpose is and what brings me joy! And I am hoping as I peel off the layers of fat, I can find the person I am meant to be and be happy!

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

LIVING BEYOND OURSELVES


Oh I had a bad morning today. We got up and went to the Gym. I decided I was going to do a 5k in 40 minutes today if it killed me. Started out great, pushing myself, feeling good, than at about 1.5 miles. I got this massive headache, like someone was pounding nail in my fore head. I stopped and took some water, and then continued on but my momentum was gone. I was deflated, with a headache to top it off. But at least I made it to the gym.

Tonight though I had a positive experience. I started a new bible study at my church called Living Beyond Ourselves by Beth Moore. I am so excited about this study. Tonight she talked about how we get tired and cannot go on but with God's energy we can proceed. It is so true and so exciting. She talked about we can be different, that we can embrace the fruits of the Spirit love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self control. Self control hit home with me. There are so many things about myself that I feel our out of control, the main one being my relationship with food. I want it to be easy, that I can just turn the problem over to God and it be dealt with. I know it is not that easy, but it makes me feel better to know and be remained that their is a higher power that is there to help me if only I ask and let him. This bible study has come at the perfect time. I need to be different. I need to grow to be able to continue on my journey. We become stuck in ruts and are unable to get out it seems, but if we just open up our hearts and ask, we can be lifted up, so that we can continue on our journey. A journey I look forward to continuing.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

I'm proud of you for sticking to your workout! Your bible study sounds fascinating - I love learning/studying through you! :) Have you heard of a book called Devotionals for Nibblers (or something similar?) It's really good!

Thank you for the good luck wishes for my Biggest Loser call back! They both worked because my son is doing well and I made it to the semi-finals!! WOOOHOOO!!!!!

7:43 PM  
Blogger WeightWatchnWoman said...

Jules, first I want to say thank you for visiting my blog. It was a great pleasure to have you there. I am happy that my blog was an inspiration to you.

This post was an inspiration to me!!! Thank you for sharing your Bible study lesson with us. It is so true about having God's energy and it helping us to proceed.

I am glad that you have chosen to continue with your weight loss journey...congrats...

I want to link your blog to my page, I hope you do not mind. I would love to stop back in and try to encourage you along this journey.

I hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home