FINDING JULES

This is to chronicle a journey that I began in September 2005. A weight loss journey is what it started out as, but I am coming to find it is more than that it is about being almost 40 and still needing to find out who I am, what I stand for, what my purpose is and what brings me joy! And I am hoping as I peel off the layers of fat, I can find the person I am meant to be and be happy!

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

BE THE BEST THAT YOU CAN BE


I saw LL COOL J on The View this morning where he was talking about his wonderful physic. He has a new workout book, which I am thinking about purchasing. But I have always liked him and like him even more now. He said something that really hit home. He said that our society lacks discipline and accountability to self, and that one day he just decided to "BE THE VERY BEST THAT HE CAN BE", and that is how he had gotten his healthy physic. What a profound thought, to try to be the Best that we can be. That is probably what GOD intended when he put us on this earth. To use all the gifts and blessings that he has given us, to be the best that we can be! Now I know that I am far from being the Best That I Can Be. Why do we sabatage ourselves, and settle for less from ourselves. I tell my children on a daily basis that they can be anything they want to be, that they can do anything they put their mind to. Why do I not tell that to myself? From now on every day I am going to ask myself that question, "Are you being the best that you can be?" and the answer better always be "I am working on it, and it is in sight!!!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home