FINDING JULES

This is to chronicle a journey that I began in September 2005. A weight loss journey is what it started out as, but I am coming to find it is more than that it is about being almost 40 and still needing to find out who I am, what I stand for, what my purpose is and what brings me joy! And I am hoping as I peel off the layers of fat, I can find the person I am meant to be and be happy!

Friday, July 27, 2007

Family

Family can't live with them, can't live without them. I went home this week to visit my parents and siblings. I always go with great expectations. We will get along famously, we will have a great time together, and what always happens is the opposite. I remember why I have a problem with emotionaly eating, and it all stems from my negative upbringing and family. I know that I am responsible for what I eat, but it is almost like my mind and body go into automatic pilot once I step foot in my parents house, or spend any time with my siblings. My mind is telling me if you want to be able to deal this week, eat, eat, eat. Where is the nearest cookie jar. Ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unfortunately, or fortunately for me, one of my children got sick, and I had to come home early. The minute, I hit the road for home, I felt my body, begin to relax, and relize I cannot continue to react this way when I am with my family. I have some very bad habits to break with dealing with things with food. This is the main thing that holds me back from achieving my goal, and seems like the hardest thing to let go of. What coping mechanism can I easily replace eating with to deal with family, and negative situations? I do not know but that is what I am in search of.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home