FINDING JULES

This is to chronicle a journey that I began in September 2005. A weight loss journey is what it started out as, but I am coming to find it is more than that it is about being almost 40 and still needing to find out who I am, what I stand for, what my purpose is and what brings me joy! And I am hoping as I peel off the layers of fat, I can find the person I am meant to be and be happy!

Friday, July 27, 2007

My Family and Faith


I have been struggling with eating healthy majorily over the last few weeks. Feeling sorry for myself that it is so hard for me to loose weight. I know wah wah, big baby!! Unfortunately, I periodically slip into these slumps and have a hard time getting out, forgetting how it effects my family. I was looking at my daughter today, she had just put on a pair of jeans that we bought for her just a couple of weeks ago. At that time they fit perfect and were sooooo cute on her!! But today, I noticed that they are now snug, almost too snug, looking too small for her. At that moment I relize that my slips in too poor meville don't just effect me, they are shaping the fate of my children as well. What will they remember when they grow up. A mom who talked about eating right and exercising but every month or so, slipped off the wagon, binging on everything she could get her hands on, too tired and lathargic from over eating and not exercising, to give them the attention they need. This is not the person I want to be. Sometimes I feel like I am on the outside of myself looking in, seeing me be self sabataging and self destructing, and unable to stop it. I know that there is only one power that is going to get me through this struggle, GOD, and I have been hiding from him, thinking I should be able to do this on my own, I do not need anyone or anything to do this, but I am wrong. I need my best friend, I need my Prism group, and mostly I need to drop to my knees and pray to GOD to lift me up and help me down the road to recovery from this addiction, and so at this moment I am dropping to my knees and praying to be lifted up, working on my faith in GOD and his power to heal.

2 Comments:

Blogger Laurie said...

BINGO... you hit the nail on the head. God will get you through this transformation (if you'll let Him) better than anything you can do on your own!

Don't forget to think about how far you have already come! You're working out regularly, and trying to make positive choices! You have lost weight! All good things, so don't be too down on yourself!

12:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course you COULD do it on your own...but why do it on your own when you don't have to?!

You are an inspiration to many - I think we ALL have periods of time when we feel like we are off track...when you are ready you'll know what to do!

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home